A cornerstone role of life and annuity agents is to provide financial security for clients when unexpected negative events occur. While assisting clients during a pandemic is not normally part of this planning process, the need for your services are not diminished, and in some ways many clients may need your help more than ever.
While the Coronovirus presents client interface challenges, it also provides unique opportunities to add more value to what you do for your clients. Also, while it has created new challenges for all agents in working closely with clients, here are ten important things to keep in mind:
- This is a temporary issue. So no matter how difficult things may appear, we all need to keep as much of our practices moving as possible to be able to be a successful survivor when the pandemic subsides.
- While the number of clients readily available for ongoing financial and insurance solution implementation may be less, their needs do not disappear and there are still very effective ways to work with clients.
- There are still a number of clients able and sometimes more willing to work with an agent to obtain insurance or annuities to meet their financial needs or objectives.
- Focusing on positive actions will go a long way towards helping you meet the challenge posed for your practice and keep a positive viewpoint.
- Client life insurance, financial security and savings needs will not go away, and in many ways are even more important and increase during these times.
- Helping your clients focus on meeting these needs may be the best service and advice you may ever provide them, and some may need you now more than ever.
- Neither you nor your clients can afford to put your financial futures on hold.
- This is not the time for you to sit on the sidelines but rather embrace modern technology to create a positive experience by helping your clients.
- The 24/7/365 news cycles are reminding consumers how fragile good health and life can be.
- Volatility in the stock market demonstrates how important the financial stability that permanent life insurance and annuities can provide.
Here are five things you can do to work with your clients during the Coronavirus pandemic, that Cenco can help you with:
- Learn or improve being able to work remotely with your clients
- Take advantage of modern client interface technology including e-applications and client interface technology such as Zoom, Skype, Go-to-Meeting etc.
- Learn to electronically transmit important presentation and illustration documents in an easy to use manner.
- Help clients focus on the most important parts of presentation materials including illustrations
- Use non-medical non-invasive underwriting products for clients who are hesitant to meet with paramedical examiners.
How can Cenco help you with the above? Your Cenco team members have the knowledge and experience needed to help you either learn or improve your abilities in any of the above activities including:
- Showing you how use e-applications with any of several insurers .
- Showing you how to use remote client meeting tools such as Zoom, Skype or Go-to-Meeting. Erik Sjolie on our staff is making himself available to help any of you who may want to use one of these tools.
- Helping you organize remote client presentations including focused use of lengthy illustrations and insurer presentation pieces with clients, whether by phone or video meetings.
- Helping you match your clients who are reluctant to meet personally with either you or an examiner with an insurer who can make the underwriting process easier including using the latest non-medical/non-invasive underwriting opportunities
As always Cenco Has Your Back, so let us know how we can help by contacting or calling us!
Your Cenco sales support team members, Erik, Cathy, Brianna, Pete