DI Did You Know
According to the Life Insurance Marketing and Research Association (LIMRA), 52% of Americans own life insurance but ONLY 14% (down from 31% in 2012) own disability insurance.
This creates an amazing opportunity for Advisors! DI is most-likely undersold because clients don’t know much about it. However, once a client realizes that life insurance pays benefits to beneficiaries while DI pays benefits directly to the client, DI should be an easy sale.
More DI Fun Facts
- 66% of all US bankruptcies are tied to medical issues.
- 33% of SSDI claimants’ applications were approved between 2007-2016.
- 90% of all LTDs are caused by illnesses rather than accidents.
- 68% of US employees live paycheck-to-paycheck, without enough savings to cover living expenses during a disability.
- $1,277 – the average monthly benefit paid by SSDI in 2020